Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Final Preparations for the video + cardbaord puppets

This series tell you exactly what I had done for my puppets - Miss Trunchbull and the snake. Click on the thumbnail for a better view.
I had created my final puppets out of cardboard and pasted felt on Miss Trunchbull. You can paste coloured paper instead. I had reused the felt from my puppet in 2007.

These are close-ups of the various puppets.
I had created 2 Miss Trunchbulls and 2 snakes so I would have an easier time with my puppet show. The black cat has been transformed into a lion and I had cut the lion's mane out of orange construction paper. Click the thumbnail for a bigger view.

Close-up of my final stage/setting.
I had changed the crocodile for an elephant so I don't need water for the crocodile. I had pasted some dried grass so my setting would be more interesting. The rest of the setting is the same as before.
My final decision.
I had wanted Miss Trunchbull to ride a crocodile (belonging to Mr Lokhman) at first but I thought it would not be a good idea as I had to have water. So I decided to have her ride a lion instead. It would make more sense. I had pasted my green cardboard box against a red background so my arms and body would not be seen in the video. You can only see my hands. It makes it less distracting.


The final assembly


Assemble your props and puppets together to see if you have everything before you begin the video taping. Prepare a short script. My script was very short but with the movement of the puppets, my video took 2.06 minutes. I had to do my video 3 times as I forgot my script and my puppets did not move easily until I had the sticks pasted on the underside of the puppets.

Close-up of the lion

The lion is actually a toy cat. But do not let this trouble you. Use your imagination as much as possible and I will use mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment